We Are Not Criminals

Eddher - Houston, Texas
Themes: sports

What I believe is that skating has change many people around the world form this day and on. For many reasons skater has been the target criminal and treated badly and unfairly mostly from tagging to so call vandalism. There are a few people that understand and support skateboarding but there are those that do not. Those people that do not support skater do not understand what it really is. Just like any other sport we just want to have fun and enjoy life. To the entire skater and I skateboarding is a way to express our self to feel free from society and there every day problem.

There was a time where I was skating with my friends and just having a good time. In a couple of minutes some random guy come out and start to lecture us about how we can’t be here and that we have to go we are disturbing, trashing, and just going wild in a aggressive way. When a person sees us the only thing that will come to their mind is that we are just some vandalism group of skate kid that listened to punk music and that is what they are nothing but punk. The problem is that not all skater listened to punk music some listened to differed kind of music just because we have a board doesn’t mean that we are criminals. Stop jugging us! We are not criminals! In Houston, TX and Los Angles, CA almost the majority of skater are Latinos and African Americans they see us and automatically is. Get out or I am calling the cop! Or hide your valuables! Look societies we are not here to do all of that you speak off we are here like every one else just to have fun and enjoy living our life. We are not the only skating here and even if you are not a skater we are all the same in one way or another. Peal your flesh and see that we are the same inside so stop complying. Life is to short to waste on small stupid problem go for the real one the big chesses like for example the economic problem in this world today is really mess up. Some of the skater don’t even cost problem all they want to do is skate and if there is some that do cost problem does are the S.O.B that get their stuff handed to them so they thing that they can do anything just cause they have a little green on their wallets. While the rest of us work for ours and try to make sure it last us for a good while because we do not have any money to buy skateboards from left to right there is some tough time now a days. The real meaning of skateboarding is to just be free and get out of life’s problem. Remember this forget what people say only you know who you real are and let go on what troubles you. You have the right to fight for yourself you can’t be bought that easily. See the viewpoint of your life and go for it never give up because that is not all that remains.

There is some part in the world that skating really impact and change a kid life. There not out there stealing or getting in to trouble there are skating and enjoying them self. I believe that skateboarding is going to safe there life. Especially in countries like Brazil, Mexico and all the other ones that are very poor. My word to does who are reading this is to grab a board pass it on and push forward, move ahead, ride forever and never look back.