Trial and Error

Joseph - Holton, Kansas
Themes: setbacks

Trial and Error

I believe that everyday is a new day. That you can be forgiven for any and every error you have made. There are mistakes in my life that I wish had never happened. I know people who have made mistakes that change their lives and the lives of others. I believe every mistake made is forgiven if you learn from it. Mistakes are common occurrences; if mistakes didn’t happen the world would be completely different. Many people I talk to believe the world would be perfect without mistakes, but I believe mistakes make the world a better more interesting place.

The mistakes in me that stick out the most can’t be seen, but I feel them every day and I remember that I will be reminded of them again. Because of faults others have made I have went a full year with out seeing my Grandparents, even though they live just forty miles away. Lying is a mistake, because it hurts other people when you lie. I felt that I was paying for the mistakes and problems of others. My Grandparents listened to the lies and would not talk to us. We didn’t have holidays with them, we didn’t celebrate birthdays with them, they never called to see if we were all right after a bad storm, like they used to. We have just recently began talking to them and I know it will never be the same again; and how all this was for one mistake. After further thought I realized that maybe I was paying for my own mistake and the times I had messed up without learning from it. That maybe right now I am learning from it.

It makes me think why people fight after someone makes a mistake, or why we are at war. I don’t believe war is caused by mistakes, but I believe there are a lot of errors in war that cause the tragedies. I believe that war can’t be blamed on one man. I believe it is the nations fault and that we can stop it through what we learn from our mistakes. I can relate to this because of the people I hung out with and how we were always in trouble. Like a nation it could not be blamed on one person, but when one of us did something to make up for our mistake we all learned something. I hope that in the future others will understand that it is okay to mess up because in the end it was for the best.