Seek The Reasoning

Kylie - Holton, Kansas

Everything happens for a reason. This I believe.

Things happen in life that you have no control over. Whether they are bad things or good things, you learn from them.

I play volleyball. I have for a long time and I love it. I’ve always wanted to go to college and play for a really good team. The only way for me to get there is to keep on getting better and learning from mistakes.

During my high school volleyball season I went to Sportzone in Topeka to get help with my hitting. I didn’t know the guy I was going to but my mom said he knew what he was doing. I went there to see what would happen. I got to Sportzone and I told him who I was and where I went to school. He was very nice and had a very outgoing personality. We practiced passing for a little while and then finally got to hit for about 20 minutes. After we got done he told me that he was very impressed with me. He wanted me to join the new team he was making and told me all about the places we would go to and all the great colleges that would see me. I couldn’t believe at how quickly all this had happened. This was a great chance to get to where I’ve always wanted go.

After a couple of months of practicing we finally went to a big tournament in Omaha. I was so nervous, I felt this was the only chance I had to impress any coaches if I wanted to get into a good college. There were 16 teams in the tournament. We ended up 15th out of the 16 teams…

I went home very upset. I though I had messed everything up and my dreams would never happen. I talked to my parents on the way back home hoping they could lift my spirits. They helped me to understand I have many more opportunities than just that one. Over all, this tournament was a really good experience. I learned what I had to improve on and how much better I can get.

Everything happens for a reason. The good things- and the bad things- they all have a purpose. You may not know the reason at that moment, but someday you will see why it happened and why God chose for you to take that road.