Death is a Part of Life

Sarah - Holton, Kansas
Themes: death

Death is a Part of Life

Car crashes, train wrecks, heart attacks, strokes, old age or even cancer… it happens to everyone and it’s a part of life. Whether it’s your life or someone else’s, it happens. I believe that death is a part of life and when it happens you should only look forward to the positive things in the future.

Just recently, my uncle passed away from cancer. He had been fighting this battle for about two years. Although he is gone now I know that I have to keep moving forward and not worry about what has happened in the past. We got along so well, but the whole time he had cancer I hardly ever got to see him. If anyone was sick or had been exposed to someone who was sick, we couldn’t go around for the fear of making it worse. He went through chemotherapy and radiation many times, but every time they thought he was better it would just show up again. Even though I know that he had a hard time with this, and that he is in a better place… it still hurts me on the inside.

Only about three days after my uncle passed, one of my very close friends died in a car wreck. This was also extremely hard for me to think about on top of everything else happening. When we were little we used to go to the same daycare, that’s how we met. As we grew up we grew further apart but we still kept in touch.

Soon enough it was game day and I was ready to play. Afterwards I was going to the dance with some friends of mine. Adam was also going to be there. We didn’t really talk much that day, but I sure wish we would’ve. I woke up the next morning to a text saying that Adam died around midnight going home from the dance the night before. I could only think of what a good person he was and how much of his life he had left. I guess now no one will know how that was going to turn out. When I first found out about him, I cried for what seemed like hours. I was so crushed; he was like my brother or a cousin. So even though all of that happened I can only move forward.

When these two people left me, I only had one choice and that was to move forward. So I guess all that I’m trying to say is that no matter how much you care for a person, when they are gone… they’re gone. So always live life to the fullest and remember, death is a part of life. This I believe.