My Lucky Day

Samir - 77498, Texas

When I was young I had always loved cartoon characters. It wasn’t just how they looked; it was how they acted and how they showed their pain. And the one place in my life that I was one hundred percent sure I was going to go to was Orlando, Florida home of the all famous, Disney World.

“Come on Samir, we’re going to be late!” yelled my sister. We were at our hotel in Orlando, Florida called the Animal Kingdom Lodge, getting all our portable fans and our water bottles ready to go to the world famous, Disney World. My cousin, Sonia, and my sister, Sabrina, were both yelling at me for taking to long.

“Samir if you don’t come out right now I swear we’ll leave you here and go without you.” yelled Sonia.

“Sheesh, you don’t have to be so mean, I said I’ll be out in a minute.” I said as I walked out of the bathroom. When all our stuff was ready (which took me, Sabrina, and Sonia about ten minutes) we headed down to the car.

I was so pumped up and psyched out that I literally almost yelled at my aunt, who was driving the car, to speed up (even though her speed was 10 miles above the speed limit.)

When we finally got there, and actually entered the theme park, I went to get autographs of all the Disney characters and then I saw him. I didn’t know what he was doing because I was young but I had an idea. Just by looking at the devious stare he was giving me, I already knew that this man was not someone who you would like to offer anything to. He looked like the type of guy who had a bad criminal record, so I tried my best to keep everyone away from this freakish person.

“Hey, Samir,” Sonia yelled to me, “you want to go in the Haunted Mansion?”

“Ok as long as you and Sabrina promise not to be scared and start yelling in my ear and what not.” I said.

“Don’t be silly, you know me and Sabrina don’t do that.” said Sonia. I kind of dozed off when she said that but that dozing off helped because I saw that same man again that I had seen earlier that same day. So I went inside the Haunted Mansion just to get away from him, and yet right when I came out I saw him again.

I knew Sonia or Sabrina would never believe me if I told them that someone was following us. He looked at us in a very strange way. What my dad had explained me was that if I ever saw a man of this type call the person you are with, so I reached into my pocket to get my cell phone. But the terror started when I reached into my pocket because all I felt was a few pieces of lint and about seven cents in change. Obviously seven cents wasn’t enough for the pay phone so I had no other choice but to stay away from him.

I tried to avoid him by hiding behind a sculpture, only to find out that the rest of my family had moved along. I turned around and saw the same man staring at me. He looked like he was happy to see me alone.

“Oh, my God”, I said to myself, now really afraid. I started to mingle with the crowd. But he followed me where ever I went.

Now, it was getting dark and people started leaving towards the main gate. I followed them and saw several shuttles parked outside, taking people back to their hotels. Luckily, I saw the shuttle from our hotel parked and I quickly jumped into it and went all the way to the back seats. I peaked from the side and my heart sank. The man had followed me. I closed my eyes and started praying hard.

After ten minutes the bus stopped at the hotel. As soon as the bus stopped, I got up and instead of getting out from the bus door; I opened the side window and jumped out of it. The man ran towards me as if this was his last chance to kidnap me but I was too quick for him.

I went straight to the hotel lobby and started yelling on top of my voice, trying to get attention. A Police officer heard my screams and quickly ran towards me.

“He’s following me. He’s trying to kidnap me”, I told the Police officer, pointing and panting with exhaustion at the man. The man saw the officer and ran towards the door but the officer jumped and threw the man on the ground and hand cuffed him.

Right at that moment, I saw my mother and my family coming into the hotel lobby. I was delighted to see them. Within a few minutes there were police officers all over the place.

It turned out that the man who was following me was actually a convict that had escaped from the prison a few days ago.

Well, I learned my lesson. Always stay with your parents when you go to big places and don’t wander off.

I am glad that nothing happened to me. My vacation to Florida will always remain in my mind as it could have been my last vacation anywhere.