Bad Choice

Alex - Sugar Land, Texas
Themes: setbacks

At the park with David, I had fun until Paul came along. He asked me to come with him so I left David and followed him.

While played with Paul, David looked lonely playing by himself. It was getting boring so Paul looked for something to amuse him. Then he looked straight at David and he started smiling. Approaching David, I followed Paul, curious of what he is going to do. Paul starts to bully David, calling him names and shoving him around. I stood there, shocked at what Paul is doing. David looked miserable, on the brink of crying. Crouching down, Paul picked up a rock on the floor, the size of a child’s closed fist. Suddenly, Paul called my name and told me to take the rock and throw it as hard as I can at David. David stood there watching me, confident that I would not do it. I closed my eyes and threw the rock, as weak as I can, hoping that it would somehow miss David. As soon as the rock left my hand, I wish I could take it back. The rock hits David right in the middle of his forehead. Crying, David ran home, not because it hurts, but the fact that I actually did that to him.

I felt like it was the cruelest thing I could have done to him. He was my friend and I chose to hurt him. I chose to lose a good friend over being friends with terrible person. Now I know to always use my better judgment and do the right thing because you will not lose a good friend, since good friends are harder to find.

I still feel terrible about it even now because I made someone cry and for me, that is the worst thing someone can do to somebody.