The lost paper

Syed - 77478, Texas
Themes: integrity

Many people say lying is a very sinful thing to do, and to especially lie to your parents is even worse

As a child growing up I was forced to work hard in school to maintain very high grades in school, and I was brainwashed from the age of four into becoming a surgeon. This was important to my parents due to the fact that they grew up without putting much effort into their academic lives and that they grew up in a country full of sickness so, they tried to prepare me to get into college. I had never really like to disappoint them with my grades so, one day I had to do something that would see if I would do the right thing or not.

The last day of third grade and I sat in class receiving goodbye gifts from my gracious third grade teacher Mrs. Garcia. Soon after we all had received our gifts our report cards were passed out and we sat there as shed announced the honor roll students and happily I was one of them.

So as we all had finished our goodbyes but, since it was of course third grade we knew we all would see each other next year and since all of us would be in gt we would see each other with some new students. So joyously I walked out the room and into the long awaited summer break.

Since my house was in the surrounding area I walked home but as life would turn out I was too eager to wait till I got home. Halfway there I stopped, looked around and opened the report card quickly ripping open the glued seal. As I impatiently tore out the transcript and to my disgust I had received all B’s. Knowing that my parents would be horrified I quickly threw it into the thick tall grass and ran home.

When I came home I could see that my mom sat on the dark black table and stared at the wall. As I saw her face guilt and regret fell over me, so I sat sown next to her looking down. She then asked where my report card was, at first I just said that I got honor roll but she argued about knowing the grade so I told her that somehow it ripped and it fell down somewhere.

With that being said I walked away without saying anything about it for the rest of the glorious day. As soon as the cold night swept in you would expect me to feel so much guilt and regret but I fell asleep as sound as a baby. You would think I am an awful 9 year old without feeling guilt about what I did. The next morning I want straight to my and told her the truth. I had expected here to be angry but she was fine and only punished me on the bases of lying and hiding to her.

To this very day I try not to lie to my parents so they could teach me the error of my ways.