I Believe in Family

Katherine - Toms River, New Jersey

I believe family is the inspiration in life. Also, on a more personal level, I believe in my family because of the strength they have given me through thick and thin, I believe that whatever I succeed in, I owe them gratitude and that they should reap in the benefits. Family is put on this earth to help people to grow, not matter the ages. Family should be there for you whether a situation is tough or whether it is in time of joy and laughter. Personally, I was blessed with the family I was born into. I consider my immediate family, and a few close friends, to be the makeup of my family. My immediate family consists of my Mother, Father, two brothers, and sister. They are all older than me therefore; I know I can always rely on them for guidance. We may all be different and in different places in our lives, but we still remain very close. Family gives me the strength to move through life with a positive and felicitous attitude. No matter the circumstances, my family and I manage to deal with life and all its obstacles. For the strength they have given me, I owe what I become in life to them. My immediate family consists of my Mother, Father, two brothers, and sister. No matter our age differences or our locations, our relationship does not change because of our constant communication. We are all individuals but we share the same sarcastic and dysfunctional behaviors. My family is not perfect, far from it, but all families are dysfunctional in one way or another. We may lack being perfect but we still have the great qualities of loyalty, strength, and motivation. We are all supportive of one another and motivate each other to do well. I cannot help but to appreciate them for whom they are and I could not picture anyone else in this world taking their place. Family gives me the strength and incentive to succeed. They give me strength to move on from hapless circumstances and because of that, I want to make them proud through my own success. I want my family to feel honored and dignified because anything that I accomplish is credited to them because they have been and will always be there in my life. Apart from all the sad times, they are also there in every positive moment with their caustic and encouraging attitudes. They have given me courage and a backbone to stand up for what I believe in. As my mom always says, life goes on. I have come to the conclusion that that saying is true. I am thankful for the life they have given me. I push through hard times and learn to take my time through the simple but joyous ones which is why I am very thankful and blessed to have them in my life.