Walter - Houston, Texas
Themes: love

I believe that “it’s better to have loved and lost then not to have loved at all”. When I first read this on a note card, I had no idea what it meant. I asked a few people thinking that I would get a simple answer and that would be the end of that. But after I found out that’s this meant that you should love someone and whatever happens, happens. You lose your love and that’s better than not loving anyone at all. At first I thought that this quote was something that some random person made up because they couldn’t fall in love or couldn’t meet/find that special person or something close to that.

After I experienced something that was very similar to this quote, I started to think different and understand the significance of it. Now I’m all for it. It is better to have love and lost because you can go through something that’s amazing. You can experience a great feeling and some of the greatest emotions. Love is a very wonderful thing. You do crazy things when you’re in love. Some of the things you do are jus pointless and really don’t have any meaning. It’s just the way you feel so how can you complain. Your heart just pounds tremendously when you’re even around the person you love or in love with. Being in love is also very risky. You lay everything out on the table just to feel a few emotions. Many of you out there wouldn’t even take that chance because you’re afraid of being hurt; or don’t know what you’re getting into; or because you are just nervous. But you just don’t know how being in love feels. It’s a real good feeling that everyone should experience. All of this is much better than not loving at all.

Being with someone and loving and caring for them teaches you many of new things. It teaches you things like sacrifice, hard work, and dedication. You learn to sacrifice for the one you love and put the things you want aside until the person you love and care for gets what they want or need. You put the time, blood, sweat, and tears to make them happy for however long it takes and whatever the circumstances. You also learn to dedicate yourself, everything you are and stand for, and all of your time just to go above and beyond in order to please them in any and every kind of way. In the end, two lovers are always better than one, lonely stranger to the world. You and your lover have a bond; trust between the both of you; a companionship. You both pledge an oath to each other and both have to ably by it because of the love you share and how you feel towards one another. Love is eternal and revolves around this world. Try to find love wherever it might be and whenever it may be.