Love Knows No Age

Mariah - Madrid, New York
Themes: love

I haven’t fully lived my life quite yet, but I’m lucky enough to have found the person I will spend the rest of my life with. Many people think I’m crazy or too young to know, but I don’t think that. We’ve been by each other’s sides though everything. I’ve realized many things come with this, and many people are willing to take you down.

It’s not that people don’t think love can happen at my age; it’s just they either they don’t believe, or haven’t achieved it yet. I know love isn’t a word you can just throw around like it doesn’t matter, because it does. Love and hate are two of the most important words, and can be hurtful if used wrong, or not meant. Love is unselfish, when saying this I mean it is a two way street. You give and you receive; when you’re really in love the receiving part doesn’t mean as much as the giving. Love is beautiful, and can see beyond the ugly. Love isn’t easy and it has its ups as well as downs, and can make it through the impossible. My boyfriend and I are going through a tough time while he’s gone to boot camp, but I’m here waiting. I know no one is perfect but to me he is perfect in every way. He broke the barriers and wall I had built up, and now he is my whole world. I am proud to say that I am his everything.

I remember the first time I met Matt; it was on the bus when I was in 6th grade. He was a 7th grader, and I disliked him strongly. I would call him names and tell him he was mean all the time. He then moved away, and I didn’t see him for a year. One night I saw him at the Ice Rink where he had said “hi” to me… I didn’t even know he knew my name. He seemed to be a different person, and ironically I couldn’t get my mind away from his gorgeous blue eyes. Finally he asked me out under the tree in my side yard, starting an unbreakable friendship and bond that would never be broken. We’ve had almost 3 years of memories, and are on the road to making more. Today I am empty hearted, not broken, or unloved, not even lonely, just empty; because it’s hard not having him around. I will always be proud of him. Each night before I go to bed I kiss his picture and read his letters. As I drift off to sleep I can hear his voice saying “Baby, I’ll miss you and I’ll love you. Forever and always no matter how far”. I know the time we are spending apart, will make our relationship stronger.

I believe love knows no age, and you can find love at any age you are. Love is powerful and you have no control over it. When people tell me I’m too young, I know that it’s because they haven’t found what they are looking for yet. I am grateful to say I am in love and that’s the way I would like it to stay. This I believe.