Just be a Kid

Alex - Holton, Kansas

Kids are always worrying about what they are going to be when they grow up, or how much money there going to be making. They always have to be the best at everything, or have to have the best grades, or the best shoes, and the best clothes. Kids my age don’t like to act like kids anymore.

I do, because I believe that your childhood is the best part of your life. But I am 15 years old and in three more years I’ll have to be on my own. That is what I fear the most. I know you can ask for help, but I just don’t want to have to go through all the troubles, like paying off bills, debts, taxes, getting a decent house for my family, or having a big enough car that doesn’t take an arm and a leg for gas. My parents are always stressing over this stuff. They look like they are in their mid Fifties, but they are still in their thirties. I just don’t want to have to go through all that stress because I have seen what it can do to you.

I just love being a kid. I can get in trouble (but not that much) and people will tell you not to do it again, or I can just walk around town with out a worry about anything but myself. I am in the best shape of my life. I start to wonder about girls.

Some adults didn’t like their childhood. Some got to live their childhood dreams. I for one don’t really know what I am going to do when I grow up. Other people get mad at me for not knowing what I am going to do. I just tell them “Hey I’m still a kid and I am going to be that way till I am eighteen.”

My mom always tells me that kids are lucky to be able to run around the way we do now. We can live in our parent’s house without having to cook our own supper every now and then. I know how bills can be frustrating, and that is another way being a kid is good. Some people loved their childhood, some didn’t. It’s up to you how you how live your childhood, and that is why I believe your childhood is the best part of your life.