You Should Always Live Your Life To Your Fullest

Keeli - Holton, Kansas
Themes: carpe diem

I believe that you should always live life to the fullest. I think this because there are too many people out there who are scared of fulfilling their fears and getting over them. Everytime there is a chance to do something crazy in life, I always take the chance and don’t let go. I can relate this to my life so much, such as the time I went to Worlds of Fun when I was younger.

Last year our 8th grade class went to Worlds of Fun because we did well on our assessments. Worlds of Fun have all sorts of rides, from tall, exciting roller coasters to the basics such as a carousel. I’m the kind of person who is scared of heights. I also get scared hearing about crazy roller coaster rides that break and kill people. So I have become one of those crazy paranoid people, who do not ride any of the exciting rides, just the boring rides that stay on the ground. When we got there I went off with a couple friends that love amusement parks. Which wasn’t good in the long run for me. They wanted to go on the rides like the boomerang, the detonator and the patriot. Of course I said that I would sit out, but after a while they wouldn’t let me. They had to drag me onto the rollercoaster and I didn’t like them at all right then. I was scared to death but I couldn’t back out then, so the ride started up and my stomach had butterflies. Of course I had my eyes closed so it didn’t scare me anymore then it already had. After a few minutes the ride ended and I didn’t even know it. I was glad to be on the ground again and they asked me how it was. I replied, “ a relief to get it over with, because it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was.” In my mind I was really proud of myself for getting over my fears of roller coasters.

I believe that living you life to the fullest is the smartest thing anyone can do in their life. I will always remember that day, the day I got over my fears and lived my life to the fullest. Now I try and help my friends get over their fears and live their life to the fullest, so they can has as much fun as I did that one day.