Do What You Love

Josh - Holton, Kansas

I believe that you should do what you love. The last couple years I’ve made choices that will make me happy. Some things that are related to this in my life are me dropping music and engineering as a career, which is what my mom wants me to do, and do something that I want to do which is being an artist.

The reason my mom wanted me to be an engineer was cause she was trying to be a good mom like most do and wanted me to make a good living. I’m sure something she thinks about is with a good job like engineering I could pay for her to have a good retirement, but It’s just not for me. Against her will I am going to take classes for art and major in it in college. At the moment I’m entering a competition.

For a long time now my mom has had me take honors classes in math and science, and I’m really good at it, it just doesn’t interest me. Something else I have done ever since I was really little is art. I liked to color and draw, then I got into painting with acrylics but right now I’m fascinated with watercolors.

Throughout my life I have been sort of a sober rebel by going against what most people wanted me to do and I went for a job as an artist that might not make as much money, but I will be a lot happier. And I think that that is what really matters in life, for you to be happy with who you are and what you are doing because by doing this I think you will have a more fulfilling life.

I think I will have a much happier life by going into art rather than engineering because I get a sense of happiness whenever I draw or paint. This is what I believe anyways, that if you follow what you love doing and not care what anyone else thinks, that you will have a much happier life to live. This I believe.