A Nature Escape

Tarah - Highland, California
Themes: nature

Daily, I cope with the stress of being a student, managing my time between friends, family and work, as well as dealing with my own well-being. It helps to discover ways that I can relax and rejuvenate. I can find that escape right outside my door. So, when the stresses of my day start to cloud my mind, I can go in search of a place in nature to put be back at ease. When my work load begins to pile up or any of my relationships hit a bump in the road, I am able to find happiness and purpose again in enjoying the wind in my face and flourishing life all around. I become inspired to accomplish goals and overcome any hardships that life may bring because I am filled with joy and a sense of peace.

The glorious sky bringing in a new morning, a powerful wave crashing on the shore, the bright sun peeking through vast trees in a dewy forest, these experiences make me feel so renewed and in touch with my soul. When I gaze upon the sun setting over the ocean, I see the different colors on the horizon. The calming blues and vibrant shades of red and yellow hues reflect off the ocean and show how the light slowly dims as it descends behind the farthest point. My troubles seem so far away as I take in nature’s splendor and let it calm my being. I can walk through a forest and listen to the sounds of birds, frogs, water, and wind instead of the rustling of cars, machinery, and human voices. I am free to enjoy my surroundings without life’s little distractions. I believe in escaping life’s worries through nature.

With the current difficulties in our economy, it is important to have an easy way to escape. From overbooked government leaders to struggling parents trying to support their families, we all need a means of gaining composure and insight into our busy lives. The lovely distraction of simply leaning against a tree and watching the breeze move the grass below is enough to take my mind off of what is causing me stress. Anyone can go into nature and view its brilliance. It could be sitting in a nearby park, a walk along the coast, or simply enjoying the view, nature can be easily found outside your door. Nature lets us go and observe it without requiring anything in return.

Freely, I am able to go into nature expecting that I will come back to parts of my hectic life with a new outlook. I feel blessed and continue to be inspired by nature’s ability to fill my days with happiness and beauty. This joy brings a renewed sense of hope and positivity into the areas I needed the most help to overcome. I love that nature can surround me and make my problems seem so small and insignificant. So, I will continue to breathe in the fresh air and appreciate the glorious beauty that surrounds me.