Madeleine - Houston, Texas

Even though I was raised by an overbearing mother who always told me that “I shouldn’t believe in everything or trust everyone I meet,” I’ve still done it. Every person that I have so far come in contact with in my teenage life has had my utmost trust. Now many may think that it’s a stupid move for me to trust every soul I come in contact with and yes you are right I am stupid for trusting everyone, but it’s just in my nature to trust. Some take advantage of me and use that trust to get what they want and manipulate me into doing things for them. Although people betrayed my trust, more in fact keep my trust and don’t try to use it for their own personal gain. I give those I meet my trust, it is up to them how they use that trust though.

Back in August of 2008, I changed from the school I had been going to for the first two years of high school, DeBakey HSHP, to Reagan. The transition was so big for me that I wasn’t sure if I could handle it at first. I mean a new school and new people, not to mention this school was so huge I felt I could get lost in its walls and lose all sense of forwards and backwards and I think I actually did at one point. I met a superfluous amount of people and learning so many names and so many faces. I had my fair share of backstabbers that lied to my face and bad mouthed me behind my back, but I did my best to keep the benefit of the doubt in them and trust them. Each person I met didn’t open up to me right away, obviously though, and I felt that if I told them some things about me then they would do the same. Big mistake, as always, because the ones I told weren’t only talking about me but they were also making up things that one can barely fathom. Then when confrontation became a necessity, they typically lied to my face and just denied it. Though I found ways to get those liars what was coming to them, I’ve curved my trust with people a lot. It’s funny because I’ve been told that I don’t learn my lesson because I still keep everyone I meet in my complete trust. It’s good to trust people but I’ve learned not to trust those who seem too good to be true because in the end when you talk about yourself, you only hear things about yourself. In the end though, I still trust everyone I meet. Just don’t double cross me and speak lies, it only burns you.