Laughing

Andrew - Wilmington, Massachusetts

There is one thing in life that most of people love to do. It is something simple that is done everyday and sometimes without even realizing it. It does not take much effort and it can change your melancholy mood to a cheerful mood in a split second. It makes you feel so good inside that you just don’t care about anything else for that one moment and you only care about what is going on. Laughing is a major part of my life and I believe that more people need to enjoy a good laugh much more often then they do.

I myself am a person who loves to laugh and loves to have a good time. I am constantly trying to make others laugh with my own humor and it makes me happy when they do share a chuckle with me. It puts a smile on my face to see others laughing even when it’s not at me. It is almost like an infectious disease that anyone can catch at any given time. Unfortunately, there are some people out there who do not see the need in finding things funny and laughing at them. I think that this is unlucky for them because they can’t share the joy of laughing with other people. If more people started to laugh more and loosen up, the world would not be so cold. People would be nicer to one another because they would be in better moods. People would be much friendlier with each other because they would always be loose and a little more carefree. It would make things much better.

In my life, I can relate directly to exactly what I am talking about. As I said before, I am that kid who is always trying to make people laugh at any extent. I see the good in laughing all the time. I remember one time when I tried to get someone to laugh and totally failed and this person stared at me like I had five heads. This made me feel neglected and like I didn’t want to talk to this person anymore because they didn’t find me funny. This is what I think people find and they just shut the people that don’t find them funny out of their lives and never talk to them again. It could be a major cause for unfriendliness among people. Had that person laughed at me I would have thought, “Hey this guy’s not too bad” and maybe would try to talk to him more. This is I believe that laughing more often would cause a lot more unity and people would be much friendlier.

I believe that laughing is a vital part of life. Experts actually say that laughing will increase your life expectancy. Not only does it make you feel good for the moment, and maybe for a while, but it will make you live a longer life. Laughing more would make everyone in the world happier. Many people would agree that nothing is better than sharing a great laugh with friends and just enjoying yourself. It can only provide benefits for you and will always change your mood. It is the one cure for anything that you can imagine and it is the one thing that I believe would help to make society much friendlier. I believe that every single person needs to laugh more throughout their lifetime.