I believe

Andrea - Houston, Texas

Every single day and I night I pray for my mother’s protection and her permission on staying with me. She has given so much in this life for me that her separation will be like breaking her flimsy heart into a million sharp pieces, striking against her soft skin against mine. She has always fought to stay with us; to make every single sacrifice there is needed. It wouldn’t be fair if some monstrous with blue and red lights were to take her away from us only because she doesn’t have the permission to stay in this country, that it should be a free.

My mother has live in America for 17 years with fear that one day she won’t be able to stay with us and see how we become little by little a strong woman. She has work like a man giving as much as she can to make money and support us, we have a father but we really don’t count on him because he only spends his money on drinking, and always fighting if we ask him for money. So my mom is like a double worker, who everyone that she knows is really proud of her. She always finds away through every problem or situation that we are being put by god. We always go through many things together, always fighting and bringing what’s the best for us.

My sister Emilin and I go to school to bring the best to help our mother, to repay her for all her strength she has put through for these past years. Am still in high school but my little sister she is in middle school. Am the oldest one, and as my duty and my mission is to help my mom to resolve her problem in about two more years, when I reach my age to help her with the law. I know that she has been waiting for this, for me to take charge and be able to help her live in peace and protected from those people who are evil and without a heart. But I promise her that when am 18 or 19 I will fight for her liberty to walk and go to her country and be able to come back. That’s her dream so see her family again after all this years without seeing them. I know it must really hard to be without them but I made her a promise and I will stick to it and make her dream come true.

She would live without fear, and she will see us grow and become a woman strong as she is. Two more years to go and she will have what she wants, but for the mean time I would pray for and fight for her, so she could stay with us. Putting as much as I can of my strength, because sooner or later she is not going to be an immigrant, but a citizen.