I believe everyone has his or her value to the society

Junfeng - 55021, Minnesota

I believe everyone has his or her value to the society.

I used to think that I was a special person in my community. I had a good brain by which I could do better with my studies. And unlike other good students, I had a healthy body. I could play sports well. I thought I was better than anyone else. I did not like some students who had neither good scores nor sports talent. I did not even want to talk to them. I thought that they had no value. They could not do anything for society.

But I finally learned I was wrong. It was a classmate who changed my mind. He was not really a genius at any field. He was a thin guy with a weak body. He did not have a smart brain. He could not get a good score even he worked hard. I was mean to him. I never talked to him. When he asked me questions, I never answered. But he finally changed my mind. One day before the final term exam, the physics exam paper was stolen. And that time, I was the only person in my grade who got full mark. So the teacher thought that I was the person who stole the exam paper. I was supposed to get a really big punishment. But I was the wrong person! And at that time, the classmate who I treated unfairly came to the teacher and told the teacher that I was on duty to clean the classroom with him. He said I had no chance to steal the exam. At last, the person who stole the exam was caught. After that, I found that he was so kind that he forgave me. I felt I was such an ugly person. He was better than I was in this way. I found that he definitely had value. After that, he continued to work hard with his study. After a year, he became the top student in the class.

There must be some people in our life who are not good at many things. They may not be a popular person. They cannot play hockey as well as the hockey players. They cannot sing as well as the chorus. They cannot learn as easily as the honor students. But they have something we do not have. They may cook really well. They may have perseverance. They may have a really kind heart. They must have something better than we do. If you observe carefully, you will find they are good people.