Hard Work

Jesse - westminister, Massachusetts
Themes: work

I believe in life hard work is the only way to really accomplish any goal you have in your plans. There are many people out there who believe that stuff should be handed to them because of who they are or what they have accomplished in the past. The only thing that matters is what you are willing to do to get whatever you have ahead of you done and done well. The feeling of satisfaction after you accomplish something you have put countless hours into working for is something that all people should want to feel. A good work ethic can help you achieve something that you struggle at starting out. But if you keep working at it and put in the extra work to be successful, the results will usually be in your favor.

When you work hard and avoid cutting corners, you leave less to chance. If you try accomplishing something the easy way such as the recent steroid scandals in Major League Baseball, you are only hurting yourself because when you look at yourself in the mirror you can’t take full credit for what you have done. Many of these athletes work hard but feel they need to cheat and get a leg up. Why not just spend extra time in the weight room instead of trying to boost your performance through illegal substances.

A good work ethic also sets an example for people around you. If you’re in a job setting and people see you working hard to accomplish your daily goals, it will entice them to do the same. They won’t want to slack off and take the risk of looking inferior so it will create a rivalry and ultimately lead to more production. This I believe is the most important core value that a person can have.