Nicholas - USA

This I believe. I believe in a lot of things. I believe in God, I believe in love, I believe in having fun, I believe in getting an education, and I believe in family and friends. But out of these many things, I also believe one that is maybe not so common. I believe in fate. I believe that no matter what, if something is going to happen, if something is meant to happen, then it will, and there’s nothing you can do about it. This belief of mine is almost more of an attitude, because of the way that I have applied it to my everyday life, and lived it. I did not always believe in this philosophy or sorts. I used to believe that I could make my own way, that what would happen to me in my life rested solely in my hands. I still do to an extent. There will always be factors in life that are completely under your control. But there also things that are simply out of our element as human beings. We cannot control the environment around us, we cannot control if we are hit by a car, or struck ill by cancer. After I came to this realization, I altered the way I behaved and the way that I saw and did things. In a way, I stopped caring. My father used to tell me that if I had bad grades, I would end up pumping gas. One day he was lecturing me so hard that I decided I simply didn’t care anymore. After this occurred, my school work actually improved. Afterwards, I came to the conclusion that if something is supposed to happen, then it will. That occurrence in my life has led to the way I see and do things now. And it has worked pretty well. I am enrolled at well known and respected university, and am living happily. Some people might tell me that living my life like this is simply irresponsible and cannot be a good way to get ahead in life. But this is what I believe. I believe in fate, and I believe that there’s nothing we can do to stop it. My father was always tell me, “It’s good enough for who it’s for.”, when we were talking about something that pertained to us, meaning that it made us happy, so we wouldn’t ask for more, and this makes me happy, so it’s good enough for me.