Sally - Westminster, Massachusetts
Themes: pleasure

As I have walked through many paths of life, I have come upon one decision. A decision that no matter where you are, what you’re wearing, or what mood you’re in, if you see a puddle, you gotta jump in it. Embrace the moment. Live in your childhood, if only for a few seconds.

As you jump in the puddle, the splash of the cool water will engulf your boots but inside your feet remain warm and dry. A smile will appear on your face as if you have just attended a circus inside your boots. This sort of excitement will have very positive effects on, not only your emotions, but your health. As far as I can see, puddle-jumping lengthens the life of any person, no matter the age. You see, jumping into puddles, no matter how big or small, can hit many nerves in the body. If you are frustrated – jump in a puddle! Your frustration will seem to melt away as you metaphorically break the puddle, and yet there is nothing to clean up and nothing to fix. If you are excited –jump in a puddle! It will seem as if, the moment you hopped in, the splashes celebrate your excitement right along with you. Even on a sad day – jump in a puddle! It is always nice to have a break from the sorrow or weeping. Puddles are always there for you. Many things in life change and some evolve into nothing, but if there is rain, there is always going to be puddles.

Now, what do you do if there is no rain, and thus, no puddles for you to jump in? Simple! Do a rain dance! You may think this is a silly childish action, but in reality, if you are faithful to puddle-jumping you might as well be faithful to rain dancing, because what is a puddle-jumper to do without any puddles? The rain dance can be done in a myriad of ways: alone or with a group, in a public setting or private. As long as your arms are flailing, your feet are moving, and your head is bobbing, you will have no problem making the rain appear.

If you do not enjoy rain, but love puddle-jumping, I suggest you think of rain in a different manner. Rain brings puddle-jumping, and puddle-jumping brings the solutions to all of your problems. When you go jump into these joyous vats of water, you are taking rain and changing it, making a dreary day positive. It’s always nice when you know you did something good for yourself and you don’t need to force yourself to be happy because a simple puddle will do that for you!

So I tell you, all of you non-believers, puddle-jumping is a sport in which each person should (and can) participate. There are no puddle-jumping rules; there are no puddle-jumping restrictions. There is only puddle-jumping fun. So I say this, with the utmost respect, go jump in a puddle!