Smile and the World Smiles with You

Sara - Altadena, California

When I was recently snowboarding with my friend Julia, my mom called to check up on us and see how we were doing. Later, my mom told me that Julia’s mom was worried about how Julia was doing. My mom replied, “It sounded like they were having fun, but I only talked to Sara”. (I am Sara by the way.) Julia’s mom said,” Sara is always having fun, and she is always happy. I want to know how Julia is”.

My belief is that life should be about finding what makes you happy. Life should not be focused on whether you are rich, poor, smart, ugly, or pretty. Life should be focused on what makes you happy. Whenever I am sad my dad will try to make a joke that is usually is pretty bad, but when I see that he is just trying to be funny, and I see the sparkle in his eyes, I can’t help but to laugh. Happiness is contagious.

What I am saying is not that we should all be happy all the time, but by trying to find what will make us content is what we should do. Balancing out your happiness level will make you life rich and full. If a person is lucky enough to find the something that makes him/ her happy, don’t take it for granted. I was lucky to find a few things that truly make me happy; dancing and writing poetry just for fun are things I do to escape and be happy. If I am having a good day or even a bad day, I love to express how my day was and my feelings throughout the day through my words and movements. Being able to find something, like I did, where you can truly express yourself is one of the best ways to make your life rich and full.

When you are happy it is much easier to make other people happy as well. Put a smile on to make your outfit complete and that will make you life and the lives of others so much better. Remember, when you smile, the world will smile with you.