I believe SSM basketball will win the championship

Mingli - 55021, Minnesota
Themes: sports

I believe the Shattuck boys’ basketball team will win the championship in our league. This season, our team has become much stronger. We have already won 9 games and lost only 4. In the past 5 years, this is our best start ever.

At the beginning of the season, we won all our games, but the support between the teammates was not very good. We had some new players join us this year. The new players had some ability, but they did not understand what kind of offence or defense we are using. And because they were new, during the games, they were too nervous to pass or shoot. We made many bad passes and committed many turnovers. Those were our problems.

But during practice, we learned to support each other. We began to know what kind of pass is good for which player. In practice, we usually do some fast breaks and half court practice. That is easy to make us together. Also this is why we went 5 and 0 at the beginning of the season.

After that we had some trouble. We lost 4 games out of 6. Some of these should have been easy victories. We lost because we were cocky. But that was a good time for us to lose because we need losing to find our problem.

We learned how to keep attacking the basket after getting behind in the first half. We learned never to give up, which is now the key for winning games.

Our goal for this season is to win the championship. So everyone in our team is working hard. We never give up when we meet trouble. Our coach is also working hard. He found lots of ways to let us play. And he really trusts us in the game. Now we have more confidence. So how can we not win the championship this season? I believe in my team.