This is what i believe

Evan - Faribault, Minnesota
Themes: parenthood

This is what I believe

I believe my parents love me more than what I think they did. I’m sure every parent loves their son or daughter. But before I never thought my parents loved me so much even more than themselves. In my mind, they only showed how they loved me by buying toys for me, taking care of me, sending me to school everyday.

In my childhood, I seldom had meals with them because they had to work hard. Sometimes I would go a week without seeing them. I remember a fever I had when I was very young, about 5 or 6 years old. I felt uncomfortable at night. When they came home and found me, they helped me at once. My father put his coat around me because of the cold weather, leaving him in just a shirt. My mother followed him by bike. I knew how hard they worked that day and how tired they were. In the hospital, I felt that my father was out of breath. I still remember that when the doctor said I would recover soon, my parents calmed down. They didn’t fall asleep the whole night in the hospital. They stayed in the room and took care of me. Once when I woke up at about 3 o’clock, my parents asked me did I feel better immediately. After I told them I felt much better, they looked happily. They asked me if I felt better and what I wanted to eat many times. The next morning when my father came back with breakfast, I saw my mother had fallen asleep on the chair. I really felt their love. At that time, I began to believe that my parents love me much more than what I thought they did.

From then on, I started to feel all the love around me. I found that many people around us took care of us silently. In return, the only thing we can do is keep healthy and happy.