I believe in my own fate

Ting - 55021, Minnesota

Fate is something unpredictable and significant. It controls a person’s the destiny. It is like a precious fire which illuminates the tunnel and prevents us from getting lost. I have often heard people say, “I can only rely on God’s will.” I strongly disagree with this statement. I believe that we are able to control our fate ourselves. God may be almighty, but our fate is one thing that he can not control. If we keep waiting for God’s guidance, are lives are not going to work out.

My father is a good example. My father’s family was very poor with no money or food. However, my father was able to graduate from high school and major in business in university. He went to a fortune teller and asked the fortune teller to predict whether he would be able to improve his economic status by opening factories. First of all he wanted him to pick up a ticket from a box laid in front ( the box contained tickets with various of colours). He wanted him to write his name down on the ticket and passed it to him.

The fortune teller was shocked by what he saw on the fortune ticket. The ticket portrayed unfavorable things that were going to happen. My father was extremely dejected when he listened to what the fortune teller said. However, my grandmother encouraged him to trust his own fate. She told him to use the only money left in the house to pursue his dream. If he was not able to succeed in ameliorating economic status, the whole family is going to be tormented by hunger. Despite the risk, my father decided to heed my grandmother’s advice and trust his inner ability. In the end, he was able to improve the economic status in the family.

God can’t determine your fate, and other people can’t, either. Even if those people are experts or professionals. My friend was diagnosed with serious heart disease and the doctor predicted that his prognosis was unfavorable. My friend is a stubborn person with high determination. The doctor encouraged him to stop accepting treatment and share the last few months of his life with his family. However, my friend refused to listen to what a professional said. He insisted on continuing his treatment. He allowed himself to continue to endure the pain. In the end, his hard work paid off. He recovered completely.

Fate is something which only you are able to control. If you continue to take your medicine, you will be fully recovered; if you study your notes, you will achieve a good grade; if you eat your breakfast on time, you will not get hungry; if you tie the decorations on the Christmas tree, the decorations will not drop. Last but not least, if you believe in your own fate, nightmares and bad fortune will stay away from you.