I Believe Everyone Has a Purpose In Life

Rebecca - harrisonburg, Virginia
Themes: purpose

Not everyone has or share’s the same beliefs. Not everyone has the same experience’s. But even if people do share the same experience you still my not view or believe in the same things. Because how we each endure and view an experience is based off of what we already think and believe.

As individuals we all have many beliefs. Some are more obvious and are usually similar to others. Those that are similar to others are more often not necessarily beliefs but are more similar to what we consider to be expected or normal. For example, the majority of us take showers after becoming dirty. We do this for the most obvious reasons we smell, we worked out, we are covered in dirt, many other reasons. The main point is we all believe that everyone should take a shower after becoming dirty because its what we feel is expected and normal.

As we grow in life we each create our beliefs. What happens around us and what we experience makes up who we each are today. Each of life’s lessons make us stronger people. We learn and grow from are mistakes, from are challenges, from are fights, from are break-ups, you name it everything around us has an effect on how we view the world and what we each believe. Here is just one of the many things I believe in life.

I believe everyone has a purpose in life. I believe my purpose in life is to make a difference and to help change the lives’ of others. I chose the career path to become a nurse for this reason among others. I believe that every nurse and doctor should treat their patients the way they would want to be treated.

I believe these things based on a personal experience. Last year four days before my high school graduation I got a call from my dad telling me to come home. When I got home he told me that my grandmother was in the hospital and we had to go down their to take her off life support. When we got to the emergency room we told the nurse who we were there for and the first thing she did was ripe open the curtain which my grandmother was behind. No warning, No briefing us of what to expect, just boom here she is. When the nurse did this I couldn’t believe how unprofessional, disrespectful, rude, obnoxious, uncaring, and heart-less she was.

Watching how the doctor’s and nurse’s were acting it almost turned me away from the profession. But then after thinking it pushed me to want to be a nurse even more. Because I believe I can make a difference in someone’s life just by caring enough about them to treat them with respect and let them know that I am here to help.

Besides becoming a nurse and making a difference in patient’s lives I believe my purpose in life is to make a difference in my children’s lives. I want to teach them to be well rounded. Just like my father always says “Knowledge is Power.” The more you learn and know the less dependent you are on others and the more you can do for yourself. I want to teach them that everyone deserves to be treated the same way you do, with respect.

I believe everyone has a purpose in life. And I believe my purpose in life is to make a difference in others lives. We each decide what we believe our purposes in life are weather it be to make a difference like I want or something different. What we each do has a purpose positive or negative everything happens for a reason, some you can control and others you can not. It my not always seem right or fair but not everything is, that’s life. For those that you can control, I want to end by reminding everyone

“You get what you put in and people get what they deserve” – Only God Knows Why, By: Kidd Rock.