The Power of Knowledge

Kyle - Excelsior, Minnesota

Do you think that knowledge can get you a better job and even a better life? Do you think one of the best ways to gain knowledge is through school and reading? I do and have always tried to do my best in school. I strive to get good grades and normally do. I struggle with essays even one’s like these, but I always pull through and get it done. I believe that knowledge is very powerful and can affect someone’s life drastically.

I actually enjoy school. I used to hate it because I thought school was stupid. I also hated school because of all the homework the teachers gave us. Later, I learned that you had to do well in school to gain the knowledge to get a good job and a better life. I started to like it about two to three years ago and will probably never stop. I have learned that in the end you have to get to liking things that you are going to be stuck with for awhile, such as school. If you don’t like something, you should try to make it fun and it will help a lot.

My geometry teacher, Mr. Nelson, was one of the best teachers I ever had. This was because he made things fun, even if they weren’t. I always enjoyed the classroom and had a warm feeling inside because I felt like I was in good hands and he really cared about his students. When you walked into the classroom, he would always greet you with a smile. I also loved to talk with Mr. Nelson about things other than math and he was always very welcoming. Every day you could smell the fresh air coming from outside through an open window and almost taste the math that was about to be taught.

I love to read a lot of books. I like to read non-fiction like biographies, but just reading a book helps me learn new words, phrases, and to think in new ways. I also like to read magazines such as National Geographic and Popular Science. I like to read these because I can learn about new things being done around the world and what is happening in different places around the globe. I also like to learn more about how things are made, and for what reason. In addition, I like to learn the story behind the object.

I always want to learn new things because you never can stop learning. Have you ever heard of the saying you can’t teach an old dog new tricks, well I believe you can. Some people who are knowledgeable will most likely get better jobs than others. I believe that knowledge is very powerful and can affect someone’s life drastically. This is why I believe that knowledge is important in my life and in everybody else’s.