Gratitude is the best attitude

Karen - Fulton, Illinois
Themes: gratitude

It is human nature to complain and be envious of others, but we live in the richest country in the world, having the freedom to do what we want to do and the money to do it. We have more than we need and don’t appreciate most of it. I believe instead, we should be giving thanks with a grateful heart, focusing on what we have, not on what we don’t have. Be grateful for a job to go to, a home to clean, and homework to do. Be grateful for the people who love you, and appreciate the healthy life you have been given. Keep an attitude of gratitude for everything you have, and everything you get to do.

While driving to work in the morning, be grateful for the job you have, there are those who don’t have a job and can’t work. Be grateful for the big beautiful home you get to clean. Clean it with the air conditioning on in the summer and the furnace running in the winter. Do your homework, grateful for the opportunities you will be given when you have completed your course of study. Enjoy the journey to your destination.

I am grateful for the people who know me and love me anyway. There are many times in a day, when I am not lovable. I treat the people I love the most, worse than anyone else I know. Yet, my husband and children still love me. Be grateful your husband is faithful, and your children are healthy. Be grateful you have a husband and children.

Appreciate the health you have been given. I feel grateful everyday I get out of bed. We all know people who would never miss an opportunity to go to church, to school, or to work if they could just get out of bed. It is easy to get up, especially when I think of paralyzed individuals that would be ever so grateful to do anything, if only they could get up by themselves. Be grateful you are alive and well.

Keep an attitude of gratitude for everything you have, and everything you get to do. Go to work, grateful to be there. Clean your beautiful home in comfort and do your homework with joy. Be grateful for a loving family and love them in return. Thank God for the health you have been given and share your grateful heart with others. Gratitude is the best attitude.