This I Believe: Laughter Leads to Happiness

Victoria - Pasadena/Ca/91104, California

I believe in happiness and that laughter is one of the only ways to find true happiness. Laughter makes me happy, and the people around me generally happier too. Laughter sets a good mood for whatever the issue of what has gone wrong.

Happiness, I believe, can only be achieved my laughter. Laughing or making other people laugh makes me happy to know that others are trying to make me feel better or that I am helping others to stay or become happy. A couple weeks ago my friends and I left her house at night, which was a mistake. This got us in a lot of trouble and seemed to be very dangerous. But being able to look back and be able to laugh about it and how stupid we were being it made us happier. Being able to laugh and make jokes about it with everyone also made people not mad at us as much anymore. By laughing I believe that you can accomplish a lot more because when you are in a good mood, it makes others in a good mood too. People actually want to be with and work with you when you are a pleasure to work with. Finding the one thing that can always make you laugh and smile is an important way to achieve happiness.

Ever since I started school and started to become more independent, I have made mistakes and have gotten in trouble. But being able to laugh about it and realize what I did wrong made learning from the problem much easier. Lately, I haven’t been doing well on many big exams, quizzes, and tests. This may be a lack of preparing right or not knowing the subject matter, but it can also be test anxiety, when I get nervous and forget the answers and what I studied for right before the test. Whatever the case, having my friends at school and family, especially my dad who makes me laugh, has made a huge impact.

Everywhere my dad goes he makes someone laugh. He makes a fool of himself sometimes, but does it to be funny and to make us laugh when something goes wrong, which leads me to being happier. For example, when I come home from a tough day at school and I am doing homework, my dad comes home and makes my whole family a little happier and to have the motivation to keep going. My friends at school are a huge help to making me laugh and staying happy. They know what I’m going through and can relate to everything and say funny things to make me laugh and to be happy.

I learn a lot from others making me happy because I see how much it helps me to become happy, and I use it on others to be happy. Learning from my mistakes, such as leaving the house and not doing well on my tests, in a positive way makes me learn more and improve more rather than being punished or reprimanded. I learn a lot more when I am in a good mood because my mind is clear of bad thoughts and I can take in more new knowledge.

Laughing with friends, to someone, or just because you want to is really one of the only true ways of happiness, I believe. A lot more can be done if people are in a good mood and happy. Happiness brings benefits suck as rewards, promotions, good grades, and new opportunities. Laughter=Happiness.