Everyone is Created Equally

Elgen - san diego, California
Themes: equality

I believe that everyone should be treated equally. The shade of someone’s skin should not define who they are. The way someone’s hair is should not make them lower than anyone else. How fat someone is should not determine their personality. The gender of someone should make them more superior. People should not be treated based on how much money the have. No one should be treated any different because of how smart or dumb they are. The way someone talks should not make them any less than anyone else. No one should be treated equally because of their sexual orientation. People should not be treated differently because they have a mental disability or a physical disability. Society seems to except white males the most. After all, they do get higher paying jobs than if a Filipino woman had the same exact skills as him. It is not fair to judge how much money someone should get paid by their appearance. How much they should get paid should be based on their ability to do the job. Some think that racism has gone away but I believe that it is still there. Yes racism has gone down a lot since the Civil Rights Act, but there still is some racism. The KKK (Ku Klux Klan) is still around today. They just don’t announce to the whole world that they are apart of that union.

In America, The Declaration of Independence states that everyone is equal. It was formed when the thirteen colonies got together and declared their independence from Great Britain. As stated in the Declaration of Independence, “We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed, by their Creator, with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.” Basically, The Declaration of Independence declares that everyone is equal. I can not see why people think that everyone should be treated differently. When people are born, they can’t choose who they were born from. Nobody can say that they want to be white, and have blonde hair with blue eyes. I never chose to be African American. I never chose to have curly hair. I am not ashamed of who I am or how I look. How should someone’s appearance reflect on their personality? What matters is what is on the inside, not the outside. I believe that everyone should be treated equally. (411 words)