Opposites

Tyler - Deephaven, Minnesota
Themes: family, setbacks

What can be classified as the truth, no matter who says it or what facts say? What never lies, and is always there to look upon? My name is Tyler Ruble, and I believe in opposites. I believe in opposites because they make us who we are. They show diversity and differences for the good or bad. They modify us and truly show being an individual. The opposites of life determine what’s what. They are here to make life interesting, and far from perfect. They bring out the good; and display the bad, not just in people, but everything. Opposites help reveal the truth, and show life as it is.

Opposites tend to seem bad, but only because our human race strives for perfection. We’re always wishing life a utopia, with every person good, fair, and peaceful. Human nature believes if life is so called “perfect,” there would be no disaster or evil. Life would be great. What we lack seeing, is the opposite. If every soul was “perfect,” and life itself “flawless,” what would the word perfection mean to anyone? With no evil is there any good? With no opposites is there anything at all?

For example; My grandfather. I believe he was one of the nicest people in the world. You could always see his deep, loving smile on his face. He was never greedy or selfish, but always thankful. He would do anything, and everything to help a total stranger in need. You could always hear the honesty in his gentle voice, and feel his love and care. My grandfather, was deeply religious and always trying to better himself and others around him. He was the kind of guy that put everyone first, and then himself. People as good as my grandfather, are extremely rare. The less there are, the more special the individual. There are few grandfathers like mine. I believe this is partly why we cherished him so. If every human was like my grandfather; it would truly take away his unique, kind, and loving heart. This is exactly what I mean, when I say the bad helps bring out the good in everything. With no opposites, there is no truth, there is nothing. This I believe.