I believe that there is a reason for everything.

Michelle - Faribault, Minnesota
Themes: purpose

Life happens for a reason. Events in your life that you enjoy and hate happens for a reason. You say yes and no to every choice in your life because it is meant to be and in the end it will turn out just the way it’s suppose to.

Every choice that I make throughout my life has a reason. I started modeling 4 years ago. My whole modeling career started when my dad was watching a football game at home during dinner. He saw a commercial saying that they were holding auditions for young Asian girls between the ages of 12-16. Right when my sister and I heard that, both of us did not want to go at all because we thought that it would be a stupid thing that wouldn’t even be true. It was in our farthest dream to be a movie. The following Saturday at 2pm, my dad drove me, my sister and my mom to Columbus Street which was where the auditions were being held. I went through three interviews and got cut on the third one. This movie that I tried out for was Memoirs of a Geisha. On that third and last interview with them, a nice lady named Bonnie came up to my mom right before we left saying how much she loved me and wanted me to succeed in this business. She gave my mom some top agency names in San Francisco and wished me the best luck in this business. Just a few hours after, my mom went to her office and started writing my resume and days later, she got together some pictures and sent my resume and some pictures off to 5 different agencies.

If I had made it through and was the little girl in the Memoirs of a Geisha; I would probably not be the girl I am today. I would not be still figure skating. I would not be at Shattuck. I would not be living the life I am now. And I would not have met all the great friends and people that I have met at here at Shattuck if I had made the part of the little girl in that movie. So everything does happen for a reason.

Because my dad watched a football game and I said yes to an audition that I didn’t even want to go to, I became a commercial model and a lot of experiences that I will never forget or regret. I’ve had so much fun modeling, meeting new people and learning about the Entertainment Business. This event is something I will never forget or regret because life is too short to regret something. Besides, everything happens for a reason. I am living the life exactly how I am supposed to live it.