michael - excelsior, Minnesota
Themes: work

Have you ever got a bad grade on something so important that you wish that you would have put in the extra hard work to get what you wanted? I believe in hard work because it helps you get good grades and helps you get into a good college.

It was the end of last semester and it was time for finals. I already did not have very good grades to start out with, so I had to work extra hard to get the grades I wanted to. I had so many stressful tests that I had to study for in such little time. The voices of my mom and dad kept ringing in my ears, telling me that I had to put the effort into these tests to get the grade I wanted, but I just kept pushing them off till the last moment. I found myself too stressed to study for the classes I needed to, and thought I knew everything that I had to for the classes I was doing well in. I waited to study the night before every test and crammed as much information as I could in the little time I had. When it came to the test I felt unorganized, and it was hard to answer all the questions because of the lack of effort on my part. I could just envision the teacher putting the bad grade into Skyward, and the effects it will have on my overall grade. The results of my bad grades, I had gotten on the finals, all had consequences such as being grounded and unable to hang out with friends. It also will affect me when it is time to apply for a college, as they decide they don’t want to accept me because they saw that I was a slacker and did not care about my grades. If I were to put in the hard work and study a little at a time, then when it came time to take the finals again, I would have been more prepared. Also, I would have been able to achieve the grade I wanted to, and my parents would not think my grades stunk as bad.

In the end, I believe that all the time, effort, and hard work you put into your studies will pay off, by you getting good grades to please not only yourself, but also your parents. Hard work in life can get you really far, but slacking off will get you a job at McDonalds. It was because of this experience that I am choosing now to put in the hard work and effort into my studies.