I Believe Every Woman Deserves Happiness

Tashawna - Edwardsville, Illinois
Themes: love, setbacks

In every person’s life something happens to make them think a certain way. This helps form their opinion and beliefs. Every woman gets hurt at least one time by a man. Sometimes women are too in love to not let it happen again. As I have grown into an intelligent young woman, I’ve been in a relationship in which I was hurt. Now, I know what my mother was feeling when she was hurt. After witnessing my mother hurt emotionally by a man, I came to the belief that every woman deserves happiness.

There was a time in my mother’s life in which her feelings where too strong to let herself get hurt again. My mother was hurt emotionally. We sat down to talk about how she felt. My mother didn’t know how to handle being emotionally hurt. When my mother’s feelings were hurt, she wanted to give up on men for good. I witnessed my mother fall in love and then get hurt. She was a wonderful girlfriend, and for him to hurt her, this was something that I really could not understand.

Sometimes my mother is too in love to let her feelings get hurt again. My mother now has a guard that she puts up in front of her feelings. This guard is to protect their feelings from being hurt. Every woman has a guard that they put up but once their feelings are hurt then this guard is put up for good. Women are very emotionally. My mother’s feelings mean a lot to her and her feelings caused physical damage to her body. When my mother was hurt she didn’t really know how to deal with it. Men can handle it more than a woman can.

As my mother’s child, I am beginning to experience being hurt by a man like she had experienced. I was in love with a guy and I thought he was in love with me too. Come to find out, he really wasn’t in love with me. He just wanted to be able to tell his friends that I was his girlfriend. When I found this out, I was hurt. In the back of my mind I was thinking that I would never date again. I didn’t want my feelings hurt again. Now, I know what my mother was feeling when she was hurt.

I believe that every woman deserves happiness. I came to this belief growing up as a child and watching as my mother get hurt and destroyed by a man. Every woman gets emotionally hurt by a man once in their life time. When this happens to a woman then it just makes a woman stronger with her feelings. Sometimes women are too in love to let their feelings get hurt again. As I have grown into an intelligent young woman, I’ve been in a relationship in which I was hurt. Now I know what my mother was feeling when she was hurt, she just had more experienced.