Faith Changes Things

Tangela - edwardsville, Illinois

I am a GOD fearing Christian woman. I have a strong belief in faith. This belief has gotten me through trying times in my life. I believe that if you have faith anything is possible. This belief goes along with my belief in GOD, and my knowledge of knowing it is he who gives me this faith. I can remember, my father always told me that “Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen” (Hebrews 11:1). This scripture takes me through many different levels in my belief. An example of my faith is my college experience. When I first arrived to begin my college career, I had it all wrong. I took many things for granted and I didn’t know where I was going with my life. My belief of faith comes in with me knowing that I am going to graduate in four years. I believe this strongly because I have always been successful in my academic career. College was a struggle because of the new lifestyle I projected. New location, new people, I completely lost sight of what I am really here for. My faith brings me back to where I need to be; which is a very important part of getting myself together. The first semester in school, I didn’t perform well academically and I became very depressed about this. The people around me were trying to help me with worldly things when my belief in GOD was the best possible thing for me. My faith brought me back to normal when all I needed to do was work hard and believe in myself to accomplish my goals at hand. I was raised into the belief that I was forced to belief in but as an adult, I have learned to believe in the belief that I’m supposed to believe in without the force. My faith covers all aspects of my life, and this is a very powerful thing; it continues to build me as a person. From this belief, I’ve learned that faith is the bridge and it works as a foundation. I have found that there is not just one thing to be able to have faith in, faith covers my entire life and the things that go on in it. This is a belief that can be carried on down generations to my children and so on. My father always says to me, “If you believe it, then it’s true to you”. By using this belief, I can speak the endeavors to come in my life into existence. I also believe in love, joy and comfort, but, the best of these is my faith. Faith is the leader of all of my spiritual attributes.