This I believe: College Equals Success

Latonya - Chicago, Illinois

Being a college student made me realize the importance of continuing the learning experience to follow my dreams. Some things people can live without, but school is definitely not one of them. Being in college helps you to pursue your career, meet new people, and helping you to learn. I believe that college is the key to success.

Although you may not know what you want to be while first attending college, it gives you a general idea of what you want to do for the rest of your life. While attending Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, I was undecided on what I wanted, or who I wanted to be when I finally graduate. Although majors may change, I feel that the general idea of what I want is from the help of advisors. Choosing what you want to be is a challenge, because in the end it may not be what you want to do for the rest of your life, but it is definitely worth it to try and see what is best for you.

In addition to pursing your career, college enables you to meet new people. Meeting new friends can be for your benefit because they can help you where help is needed. My first semester of college, it was not hard at all to make new friends because everyone here seems to be very friendly. This was best for me to go away to school so I can stay focused. My experience from being away has been wonderful; not saying that staying home will not benefit people because it can. You may have professors at school to help you, although some might not be available at the time needed. This is when friends could become helpful. Students could come together and form study groups which could help benefit you, for when it is time for exams, which could be difficult at times. Sometimes it is better for some people like me to study in groups because I get distracted very easily, so I need people there with me to keep me on track.

Furthermore, going to college helps you to learn, so you can be successful. College is not easy, for me, but it has helped me learn things that may help me in the future. Classes such as speech, psychology, and English, have taught me things that I did not know. Going to college may better me for my upmost future careers. Although I have only been here for two semesters, it has made me want to keep going and not give up on my dreams. Education is highly ranked in my life and I do not think anyone could be successful without it. Being successful is about having enjoyment and happiness in your life, which means going to college to get to that point.