Long Distance Relationships

Kaylin - Mahomet, Illinois
Themes: love

I believe that long distance relationships can work and that there is another person in the world meant for me. I can honestly say that I feel like that I have found my soul mate, or someone else’s heart that beats to the same beat as my own. Having a successful long distance relationship, or any relationship, you have to believe it can work, be dedicated to your partner, and love more than you ever thought you could love another being. Love is strong affection for another person (Webster’s Dictionary), and long distance relationships requires an affection from your significant other.

Long distance relationships can work, and I am a living example. I have been dating my boyfriend, Tyler, for a year as of Valentine’s Day. Six months of our relationship has been long distance, since I decided to go to school two and a half hours away. No one ever said that our relationship would be easy, and it hasn’t been, but we truly believe that we are meant for each other no matter how far we are. We have a saying of “strength and belief” that we can take on the stress and emotions of being in a long distance relationship. We often get upset when we have not seen each other for three weeks or more, but once we finally see each other nothing else in the world seems to matter anymore. We make our relationship work with the dedication of our hearts to be together forever.

Partners in a distant relationship need to be dedicated to each other 110 percent. I have seen many of my friends who were in long distance relationships fall away from their partner because of flirtation and lack of commitment towards the other. I am faithful to my boyfriend and plan to see him as often as I can. Whenever he comes to my school to stay with me for the weekend I am all about him, and he is the same when I am at home. We are dedicated to make each other happy and fill each others heart with joy and love. Dedication helps a distant relationship possible.

A relationship means that you need to support the one you love to make it work. My boyfriend has always been there for me through thick and thin. It really makes the hard times easier when he is there to hold me up from hitting rock bottom. Since we are in a long distance relationship, he is there for me emotionally when I get upset with my parents or when I long for the simple touch of his lips kissing my forehead to say “I am here for you”.

Long distance relationships may be difficult for some, and easier for other. I do believe that long distance relationships can work with the right materials and an everlasting flow of love.