Darren - Coquitlam, West Virginia Canada
Themes: science

I believe that everyone needs to contribute to society for society to function properly.

Alone we are nothing, but together we are something. It is a fact of life that our world is changing all around us. Our environment is being affected for good or bad every second of every day by some one. However, not everyone is doing their part to make this world a better place. While some of us are doing our best to insure that we can be proud to call ourselves humans, others are lazily ignoring the call to do their part.

Our world can only survive as long as it is being supported by the many people who live in it. Imagine our earth and everything precious in it was in a big box. It can easily be carried and brought to safety if everyone lends a hand sadly that doesn’t happen as well as we would like it to. Instead of everyone pulling their weight, it is being left to a few people to carry the burdens of the world. There are many reasons why this shouldn’t happen. It isn’t fair, and people who don’t carry the burden do not get the satisfaction of knowing they made a difference.

And besides, Not only are the people who don’t do anything creating dead weight, they also don’t have the joy of doing good and knowing that they are important in someone’s life. Last night I watched My Name is Earl. This show is all about a man who lives his life trying to make right all the bad things that he does. And I notice that at the end of every episode, doing this make earl a lot happier than he was before. He feels genuinely good about lending a hand and taking action.

Just like Earl I too will get the chance to appease my conscious. Over the summer I am going to Mexico on a mission’s trip. We are going with a team of people who have unique talents and gifts that they can bring to our mission. Just like our world we need everyone to contribute to be successful. If everyone was doing their part not to cause the world’s problems and help to reverse them, the world would be a better place.

I know that in the time to come I will do my best to do my part and contribute what I can. Maybe leading by example will show others the way.

Because of the way our world is headed, and the way it could be, I think that everyone needs to spring into action and start contributing to society. The satisfaction makes it worthwhile to not be a sponge on society, but rather an active member that thinks and does what is morally right. So for our future, we need to convince everyone to help carry the box, and only then will we be able to deliver it to safety where it will once again flourish and become prosperous.