Natral Talent

Emily - Fort collins, Colorado

I believe that life isn’t fair, well actually I know that life isn’t far. You know the people that are amazing at sports the people that have natural talent. Yha well that’s not me that’s my super star brother that’s 18 months older me. He is how you say amazing at running the second hardest sport to do after gymnastics if you ask me. He started in track at our junior high school Kinard he wasn’t that good at track then but over the winter he joined a local track club. He started competing against some people that where 2 to 3 years older than him and he was getting lapped. Whale he was doing that I was swimming I was enjoying it at first and excelling very quickly, but swimming want the family sport you know the sport that you whole family is good at. Then came the next track season at Kinard Ed was doing very well and by the end of the track season he had broken the school record. The record he set was a 4:45minute mile. I was still doing swimming and not enjoying it so much any more. It was nearly the end of summer Ed was training for cross-country and swimming took a break for a month to and that’s when I caught the bug. To stay in shape I started to run and believe it or not I enjoyed the family sport and quit swimming. It was hard work running was but very rewarding I started to trim up very quickly. When school came around I joined the cross county team at my school it was some of the most fun I had ever had. Ed was running cross-country at the local high school and no surprise he was a freshman and always in one of the top varsity positions. Sooner than I would have liked cross-country was over and this year I joined the local track club along with my brother I started pole vaulting but I couldn’t compete in the compactions because I was to young. In the meets I ran the mile during that first compactions is when I realized I was being a brat about all Ed’s talent he had worked so hard to achieve what he had and I thought he just got it out of the blue. Don’t get me wrong he dose have natural talent but he works really hard at it as well. Yes I still believe that life isn’t fair but not in the same ways, I have had 3 meals today and people in Africa are starving. When it comes to talent and achievements I believe you have to work hard to get what you want.