You will be happy in the end.

Tasha - IndianHead Park, Illinois

I believe that eventually things will go your way, and in the end you will be happy. Everyone wants to be happy; it’s something everyone aspires to achieve. But at times it’s not as easy as it seems. There are many different things that bring us all down, and at times it seems that the negative things will forever reign over the positive things. It’s hard to concentrate on the good things in life, when the bad things affect us all so much. And lets face it; it’s way easier to be miserable. But no one wants to stay miserable forever! Everyone tries to find different things to make them smile for once and laugh like no one is listening. I believe that in the end, you will be smiling. You’ll finally be content with what is going on around you.

Lets say you’re sixteen years old, you’re in high school, and it sucks. Your grades are slipping, your parents are always mad about something, and frankly, dealing with other people at school isn’t your idea of a fun day. Yet, you have a huge crush on a certain boy or girl. I’m not too sure how boys feel when they like a girl, but I know that when girls like a boy, they feel like the only reason they go to school is to see that person. Seeing them smile makes you smile; it’s contagious. And things may work out between you and this boy in which case you’ll feel like you’re on top of the world. But, things may not work out. We’ve all been there – heartbreak. You feel like lying around all day, not moving a muscle. It just plain sucks. And you feel like you’ll never be able to move on and mope around listening to sad songs and wishing things would just be better. But then you eventually start liking someone else, and the cycle goes on and on. You will eventually find your other half; you just have to be open to finding them. Things aren’t technically built to work out when you’re sixteen, and when you do find them, that’s when you’ll be happy.

When I was 12 years old, my favorite band, Blink 182, split up. I honestly thought it was the end of the world. I cried for days on end because I thought I’d never find another band to like, and I never ever saw them in concert because I was too young. As I grew older I found other bands to listen to, and at this point in time I do have about 3 favorite bands. On February 8th, 2009, Blink 182 announced they were back together. I’m not quite sure if I’ve ever screamed louder in my life. Things did end up my way. My favorite band is back together, and you bet I’m going to see them at least 5 times in concert. I realize that they’ll have to break up one day, because nothing lasts forever, but for now I’m happy! I have 3 great bands that are all together, touring making more amazing music everyday.

We all have our days when we’re upset. In the end though, everything will be fine. You build your own happiness and things will eventually go your way, because if it doesn’t, it’s not the end.