I Believe in Sports

Cameron - Benton, Arkansas
Themes: sports

I believe that the four main sports, Soccer, Football, Baseball, and Basketball are the greatest endeavors to men. It’s the feeling you get watching them from your living room recliner, or behind the grill outside. It’s the excitement you get when your buddies are there sharing every moment with you, and knowing that you could be seeing history at any point. It can even be the emotion you get when your team loses a big game or your favorite players get injured and miss weeks of action. Sports are what a man lives to watch and there is nothing more that I’d like to do on Sunday than watch football with the guys. The sense of urgency you get when someone makes a good play, makes you want to jump right off the couch and yell for the team. I believe the greatest part about sports is that you never know how the outcome of the game will be. It’s the upsets, game changing performances, primetime players, buzzer beaters, and clutch moments that really get you pumped. I believe that no matter how old you are, you should never let go of sports. I believe that the game is never over until the clock shows “0”. It’s the humor you get when players argue over fouls that they clearly committed, or when football players throw a fit over offside penalties when their standing 10 yards in the backfield. I love the rush of energy I get when fights break out on the football field, benches clearing in baseball, and even fights in basketball between players and fans. I love being stunned on amazing shots made in golf or even last second shots in basketball.

Every weekend and any chance I get on the weekdays, I’m watching sports. Sports are a big part of my life and I would love nothing more than to continue my career in being a sports reporter. Sports are my pursuit of happiness and they give me something to live for. Watching sports is a must for all men. This I believe.