Everything Happens For A Reason

Kristina - Duluth, Minnesota

I believe that everything happens for a reason. Nothing happens by chance or good luck. Believing everything happens for a reason makes my decision-making a lot easier. This belief makes it easier for me to take chances and live the way I want to live without having regrets. If you live in regret, it will make mistakes seem bad when they are really just a learning experience. I believe that no matter what happens, you really have no control over it in the long run.

I really started living life believing that everything happens for a reason after this fall. A few of my friends and I were at my friend’s cabin in Pine City celebrating birthdays. Two of my guy friends decided to go paddle boating out on the lake in the middle of the night. Only one of them came back. One of my good friends, Tyler, drowned that night. I remember my exact feelings as I waited six hours for the police and rescue team to find Tyler’s body. I kept thinking to myself, I don’t know what I’m going to do if this is really real, he can’t really be dead.

Since that night, I have tried my hardest to believe that Tyler died for a reason. Even though he was only twenty years old, I believe that God had a set plan for him and it was his time to die. Sometimes, I have a really hard time believing that there is a good reason for a person to die so young, but I just have to think that it’s the way God wanted it. Since Tyler’s death I have more belief in God and that people go to Heaven. It makes me feel better knowing that Tyler is in a better place.

Believing that everything happens for a reason helps me get through everyday struggles and tragedies I will never forget. I have made enough mistakes and have had enough bad things happen in my life, that if I didn’t have this belief, I probably wouldn’t be here today. Knowing that everything happens for a reason makes my mistakes a learning experience. I live by this belief so I can live my life to the fullest, without any regrets.