i believe in the benefits of a bond between humans and animals

Caitlyn - Brookfield, Illinois

I believe in the benefits of a bond between humans and animals. I believe that animals help humans with life. Animals can teach us responsibility, they can reduce our stress, uplift our moods, keep us company and in shape, help us maintain a daily schedule, and they can also help us deal with deaths and/or being sick.

I believe animals teach us how it feels to be depended on and the true meaning of responsibility. Dogs require the most responsibility, they have to be let outside every few hours, and they want to be played with and walked. Dogs can also keep you in shape due to their wants and needs, they need their walks and their exercise just to stay healthy and to live long, like a human.

Animals are a great way for humans to feel loved and almost every other emotion there is. All animals need help; they need you and your care to stay alive. Animals can help you with a death in the family because sometimes all you need is someone to listen and you need to know that you can rant and no one else will be told about it. Sometimes you just need someone who will listen. You don’t always need feedback, you just need to talk. With an animal, you can cuddle with them while you are crying, you can talk to them, and the great thing about animals is the fact that they live to please so you can play around with them and they’ll play with you and out of that, you can get a good laugh.

I love my pets because they are all mine, no one else’s. They are my “babies”. They don’t judge me. They love me for who I am. No one else can change that. They depend on me, they need me, they love me, and all they want is me. I am the reason they are happy. Some of my pets were adopted and others were bought from a breeder or a store. Regardless, I am the reason they are alive. And in return they give me comfort, responsibility, and love.

My animals keep my family on a schedule. Every evening revolves around our pets. When we eat dinner, my hamsters, Ali and Cocoa, get dinner and when we had our chocolate lab Hershey, she got dinner then too. After dinner I finish up my homework and my mom cleans the birds cages and gives them fresh food and water. After I finish my homework I block the stairways and at ten o’clock I put my hamsters in their run-about balls and let them roam around my house while I take my shower and get ready for bed, which is usually about a half hour. After they have “ball time” they go back to their cages and I give them their yogurt drops and they go to bed.

Animals help humans with life. I believe in the benefits of a bond between humans and animals.