A good chair

dav - LaGrange PK, Illinois

This I believe

For some people a delicious slice of devil’s food cake can pleasure them. For some people it’s a refreshing drink of lemonade to cool them down; after a long hot day working in the sun. What does it for me? Just a comfy chair to soften a hard day.

A good chair is something that makes me smile, when I’m feeling down. A good chair is something that will allow me to relax in its glorious structure while it melts away my worries. It can let me get through my day and not be completely stressed out. A good chair also provides supports for me when my day has been crummy. Its armrests are a support for me on a bad day, and they will console me. It doesn’t have to be a fancy super chair to make me feel all right, it just has to suit me. Whether it’s an old wooden rocking chair, or a fancy new leather massage chair, it can still do it for me.

I have a few good chairs in my home, but my favorite is a lazy boy that is older than me. It’s very pink and cushiony and has a lever that I give a pull to lay back in the chair. One day this chair saved my life, not literally, but it was still important. I had the worst day ever, I had forgotten homework in multiple classes, of which I hadn’t noticed until I got to school that day (imagine my surprise). I then proceeded to fall and scrape my knee pretty bad in gym, and it bled for a while before I noticed. When I did notice I went to the nurse’s office. She gave me a band aid, which fell off on my way home, because I had decided not to take a jacket to school that day and there was a thunder storm. When I finally got home, I was soaked, mad at everyone, and could only think of one thing. I need to sit down in my pink lazy boy and watch some cartoons, before my head explodes. I of course got into dry clothes first, but then I went to my chair and sat down. The feelings that rushed through me as I sat down in the chair were those of relief, relaxation and safety. What do I believe in? I believe that after a long day we all deserve a nice break from our hectic lives. For me it’s a good chair.