I Believe

Jeremiah - Willow Springs, Illinois
Themes: carpe diem

I believe in staying happy to keep others happy around me. I believe in keeping up my attitude and mood to keep others upbeat too. I think that when you see people enjoying life and living like they want to, it gives you a reason to keep going. I came up with this idea several years ago when my mom was going through cancer. Our family was not in the best mood daily to say the least. I figured that if I tried to be in a good mood or at least fake it, my family would take to it and maybe my mom would get better. After I started this, I saw that my family had a lighter mood and there were slight improvements with my mom. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that my mom was getting better because of my childish idea, but it gave me hope. When I was doing this, we all gradually started to become better and better. My brothers and I had very little hope for my mother in the beginning. But as I, the little brother, was taking action, we all had more faith. My mom was smiling more and not being so sad all the time, which a reasonable feeling for someone in that state of health. I decided to take this out of my home and to bring it to school. I wanted to be able to cheer people up and people to notice me as the kid was never upset over something. I do get upset sometimes but I try to go on being happy. Every once in awhile I have one of those days where I want to go off on somebody, but I don’t let them get to me. I act this way around everybody and anybody. I want people to enjoy life more and not be so depressed. Some people just go on everyday hating life and mad at the world. That’s no way to live and I try to encourage them to enjoy it more. The little things will rarely get me down, I just brush them off and keep trucking. I feel very strongly about this idea and I believe that it actually works. I believe in living life to the fullest of its potential.