I believe in making friendship not enemies

Eric - Brookfield, Illinois

We all need someone or something to get us through our struggles in life. When you have a bad day, did you want to talk to your parents about it? I know I don’t, I want to talk to my friends and know they’ll listen to me and I think they would see the side of my story better. Knowing they’ll be there to support me and if it’s something serious they’ll talk serious with you. The meaning of friendship to me is having someone there for you who will always be there for you no matter what the two of you have gone through and also have shared the same experiences with. We all need someone to talk too. It’s nice to know your family will always be there for you, but it’s also nice to know you have a good friend there that you can trust. Your family will and always will be there for you, but, it is my decision to be the one to trust the friend.

When I was in seventh grade I thought that I hated this one kid. We always got in trouble for doing stuff to one another. I remember my seventh grade teacher pulling us out into the hall to talk to us. She told us that we had to knock it off and to ignore one another or become friends. I laughed in my head. I chose to “ignore” him. That day after school I went to hang out with some friends. He had pretty much had the same friends as I did, so we ended up in front of his house. We started talking smack to one another, like any dumb little kid would to defend themselves. He walked towards me and we were face to face with no adults to tell us what to do. We started fighting; we heard all these cars honking their horns and such. As I look back on this, I see how dumb I was and how lucky I am to have one of the coolest friends.

I believe that you should make friends instead of enemies. Now having friendship and knowing how times can get messed up, I am glad that now I’m mature enough to get over them. Knowing that the two of us have worked out our struggles and are as tight as can be now, I have one good fiend. Having friends made me feel good about myself. If you and your friend get into a fight and you are true friends you will in time forgive one another and be the best of pals. I now know a lot about people and I tend to make more friends.