I believe we all have stories to tell

Susan - Salt Lake City, Utah

I believe that everyone has a story to tell. We all have lived lives filled with amazing experiences, except few of us actually believe in the power of our own stories. We breathe in each moment. Exhaling our memories. We all have rich incredible stories. Our lives our delicate and fragile and yet we exist without this knowing in our rushed lives. I believe we are afraid to share our stories because often times we don’t think our lives are truly great. We may think we have done something neat one or two incidents but we rarely share our lives. We fear the rejection and shame. Yet I believe that it is by sharing our own personal stories that we become richer and fuller individuals. When we take the time to listen we hear the same struggles, fears, hopes, desires, and mixed emotions from each other. Our stories frame us and compose our lives in a beautiful format. Words remember and when we remember we share our moments of commonaltiy. I believe that by sharing our stories we are breaking down barries. Letting biases go, releasing fears, and forgiving the souls of each other. Our stories consume us. They are the totality or our lives. Listening to crafted voices enriches us. It is important to know that honesty in our voice binds us together. By sharing we become united in our collection of diverse emotions and experiences. We have more commonalities than we give credit to, but by listening and sharing our stories we connect. By listening to each other’s stories we validate each other. We take the time to hear the point of view of others. Taking time to understand and actively listen to another person’s story begins to glue humanity together. It is the patient process of listening respectfully to another human story and recognizing that their words resonste with power and meaning. Wecan come together, united by words, shared in humanity to turn framed fear into lasting hope. I believe by listening to the remarkable words that we all have, we help tp make humanity healthier and happier.