I Believe in the Power of Writing

Jennifer - Laclede, Idaho

Writing is one of the best ways of exploring yourself; it’s just you and a pen and paper. As soon as the ink marks the white stillness of the page, it brings it to life; your putting a part of you on the page. Some people use shapes, others use the written word, but it accomplishes the same goal: expressing a piece of yourself. People can’t help it; everyone wants to share who they are or what they like. There are many reasons why people write: some write for fun, others for work and some only write when it’s absolutely necessary. But writing is an open door to opportunities all we have to do is walk through it.

For me I write for discovery; like right now I’m learning new things about myself that I wouldn’t have known otherwise. I know that I love writing but before I started this paper I didn’t realize how important it is in my life and the great power that it can contain. There is no limit to thought or revelation, and there is no such thing as “I have nothing to write about.” There is power when we write; it helps us access ideas that lay dormant. From there it starts a chain reaction, until we sit back and wonder where it all came from. That’s the true power of writing.

A blank page is an adventure waiting to happen, somewhere no one has gone before. We as a people, have gone to the moon, crossed the oceans, and scaled the highest mountains, but a single blank sheet of paper there is something unexplored! Who can say where it will lead us? Some of the greatest things ever discovered were discovered with a pen and paper. And one of the best ways to find out who we are is by writing it down. May we all continue to progress and explore new personal horizons by using the power of ink on a page.