Life’s Reasons

Amber - Frankfort, Kentucky

My aunt died when I was 12 or 13. I hated the world! Literally! I wanted nothing to do with anyone including my friends and family, but at the same time I didn’t let anyone know that I was hurt either. I closed myself off from the world completely. Her death was so tragic and very sudden. No one in my family expected it. It was tough for my whole family but I think I held on longer to her death than anyone else.

She had surgery, gastric bypass surgery. She just wanted to make her life that much better. The doctors told her that it would/could add up to 15 years or more on to her life. She wanted to be with her kids which are my cousins as long as she could; even if it meant risking her own life to do it and she succeeded for a short; very short period if time. Then she was gone, out of my life as quick as she came in. She left her kids, a husband, and a lot of family. It was beyond painful but after she had been gone for so long I began to realize that everything happens for a reason even if it’s a painful experience. So I had to be strong for myself and everyone else.

The day I realized that everything happens for a reason, was probably one of the best days of my life. I felt confident, like I could do anything and nothing was going to stop me! Since then, so many great things have entered into my life that I would have taken for granted if it wasn’t for that experience. For example, my boyfriend of two years entered into my life and it happened for a reason; Kind of like my aunt sent him to me to help. He helped me get over her death. He showed me that everything was going to be ok and that bad things happen to everyone. Now I am able to talk about it without breaking down and crying.

My boyfriend made the day that I thought would be jus another day that I think about my aunt great; it was another one of those days that will always be in my head, jus because of the way he said the things he said. He comforted me even when he didn’t understand. I love him for that day and all the things he did for me, how he made me stronger than ever and when something bad happens I always go back and think of how everything happens for a reason and that I have to be strong for my self.

This life experience’s helped me in so many ways. They were not all great or even good and they have taught me lessons. Each one taught me a different lesson and it did that for the same reason; to show me that everything happens for a reason. The lessons I did learn were that good and bad things happen in life and you may not realize the reason for it right away but eventually you will find the answer and understand why it happened. That’s why I follow by the quote, “everything happens for a reason.” I use it in life everyday, like when a friend comes up to me to tell me how horrible their day has been I tell them, “ Yeah, I know your day sucks but its that way for a reason. You may not agree with me right now but when you realize that it is true you will understand.”