He has Paid

Lee - Frankfort, Kentucky

Abuse, departure, abuse, departure, abuse, good-bye. I don’t remember much from my childhood but, from what I do, most memories are not the best. My father had abused my mother and my family for thirteen years. As I went through this I realized all the wrong my father was doing. Since then I have found out that many bad things have happened to him. My father has paid for everything that he wrong. I truly and honestly believe that, “What comes around goes around.”

I was only a child when my family finally left my father so, when I found out eleven years later that he had died, of course, I was surprised. I had not even heard of the man in such a long time. I went to his funeral on Valentines Day and it brought up the weirdest feelings and emotions in the world. I was so confused; I didn’t know whether to be sad or happy that he was gone. I finally came to the conclusion that I was a little bit of both. I was sad because he was my father, and because he could have amounted to so much more than he did. I was happy because it finally gave me closure. This could sound heartless, but, in a way I was happy that he had gotten what he deserved.

My father did many wrong things in his life, and as a result many bad things have happened to him. He abused my mother and family and also the wives that he had before and after my mother. Not only did he physically beat all those women and children but, he was also the cause of mental abuse. He has paid in many ways. My father lived a short life; he died at the age of forty-seven. Also he became a diabetic, and eventually blind. One of his biggest consequences for doing so much wrong was losing his six children. He never got a chance to see what his children became.

At the time of his death, of course all of his family said that he had changed since we left. Family is family. They will protect you from anything, and say the best things about you. But, I know the truth. I know that he was a bad man and that the reason all these bad things were happening to him was because he didn’t choose to live a good life. He was a good-life wasted.

My father is only one small case in which, “What comes around goes around” happens. Every human on this earth has made bad decisions and mistakes, and in return has had to pay for them. There is always a consequence to every action. Murderers eventually get caught and their consequence is to go to prison. People, who waste their money, will go into debt. I know that when I make mistakes that in some way I will have to deal with them later in my life…just as my father did.